I’m Just Waiting
Ten minutes to spill my heart onto this paper
To spill the emotions inside outward
Their myriad of colors each highlighting
Yet another passionate decree of, “I miss you.”
The red of my blood leaking onto the ground
It’s love screaming for a chance to just stay
The black and blue marking my notes and
Bruising my hands as they long for a touch
Of something, something real.
What is real? This grey haze slides past my vision
As crimson consumes the green of summer.
The heat persists, its orange flames
Burning auburn tattoos into my skin
As I flail through the pouring waves of paperwork.
Yellow tears fall from my eyes,
Failing to hide the fear I feel so often.
I’m just waiting…
Waiting for the colors to change.
I’m just waiting…
Waiting to watch the leaves fall.
The blackness of night never leaves tranquility,
As I wait for the pure onrush of blazing white
To burn away all that I hold so dear and so false.
I’m just waiting…waiting…
Waiting to say how much I love you.
Every new beginning…
11 years ago
2 comments:
Did i mention that i envy people who can write enjoyable poetry?
Because i do.
Anyhow, loving the use of colors here, even if i've personally never cried urine before (yellow tears?).
And then of course it's cool to know about the light at the end of your tunnel.
Once again Adam steals my comment. I, too, am envious of your ability to write enjoyable poetry...and glad to have finally found someone who can do so.
I look forward to reading more of your blogs. :)
Post a Comment