Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy Birthdays

Last night a bunch of us amazing studly guys from 1HP went out to serenade our good friend Sadie on her 17th birthday. We met in our hall, and after a hastily arranged practice, which involved Kevin attempting to learn Happy Birthday on the guitar we ventured forth into the night. Our mission was clear: to be as stealthy as possible in order to avoid the campus sfety patroling outside. As we embarked into the clear, cool night we noticed a lot of couple saying goodbye to each other before bed. And by goodbye I mean about 4 minute hugs...hey couples you are going to see each other again in the morning! I'm 8 hours away from my girlfriend, and if I'm doing pretty well with that I don't need to see you hugging your girlfriend like its the last time you are going to see her in 3 months every night...

Anyway, excuse the rant. We finally made it to MAP North side, and began our serenade. Launching into it at full breath, we let our glorious voices raise to the sky. They weren't very glorious but they rose, and we sang. Unfortunately I was the loudest and most off-key, but nevertheless we sang not to sound good, but to bring joy. And this we accomplished...so anyway, that was a good time and I felt I should blog about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

always good to hear of good times. Remember: "Look forward to the future, but enjoy life now" Its a quote, probably from some smart guy, or girl.