Ever do something that jogs a memory, makes you feel like a kid again?
Well I did that today.
So I'm in the dorm, and me and Adam decide to ride our scooters(RAZORS BABY!!) over to the rock by the SAC where the co-rec games where being organized. However, me being myself, decided that I would, for probably no other reason than the fact I was in college and wanted to be crazy, attempt to jump some stairs on my scooter.
So after unsuccessfuly attempting riding through Hicks first floor hallway and jumping the stairs leading to the door due to lack of speed I took on another task. Jumping the stairs heading towards the emergency exit of Hicks cafeteria. So I tried twice and was forced to bail both times.
Then came the third attempt. I lowered my leg and pushed against the dirty pavement and went careening towards the stairs. I jumped cleanly, landed, and for a split second thought that I had completed my task.
Then the scooter went out from under me. I slid across the ground, destroyed my elbow, which now looks very disturbing, and hurt my back and butt as well.
Well that made me think back to childhood. Riding scooters and being crazy...it was so much fun. And just because I'm in college doesn't mean I can't still be like a kid every once in a while.
The service we had this morning outside of Harbison Chapel didn't so much bring back memories but formed new ones. The worship songs were great, and the dude on the jembe(at least that's what I think it was) was incredible. But what I think was so awesome, was the girl, Britney, who spoke had such a passion for being in love with God, something that I always seem to have a problem with.
She said something that caught me off-guard but made so much sense. She said, "God is in love with you." I've never thought of it like that surprisingly. I know God loves me. But I've never thought of God being in love with me. And I've certainly never thought of myself as being in love with God like I would be with a certain young lady. But I think it's something I need to try to do. To just be with God. I'm going to give it my best shot this semester.
I'm going to try to fall in love with God. Not sure exactly how to do that...but I guess it's like falling in love with a girl. It's giving your time to get to know Him, sacrificing your time to find His dreams and what is on His heart. It's strange to view God in this manner, at least for me right now. But I'm trying...and that's what is important.
Every new beginning…
11 years ago
1 comment:
Nice Blog :)
Post a Comment