I miss people.
I miss Andraya.
I miss my family, watching the Red Sox with my dad.
I miss the Rhodes and Yousfi families.
I miss the soul of Massachusetts: its people. I could care less that I left the polluted mess of a city that is Springfield. I don't miss the dirty skies and dead grass. Leaving Massachusetts was easy; it's leaving the people that was hard.
But there is plenty to love here at Grove City. The people are awesome, and I've warmed up to the OB a bit. The mentor groups are really cool. My hall is awesome, and so are my roommates that are in the room.
The atmosphere here is so much more free than the smog-filled air of MA. Not only weather wise, but spiritually wise. God is here, and while I don't pay as much attention to Him as I should, he nevertheless is here.
Laughter abounds here. The OB OB was tonight and it was fantastic. Laugh after laugh, filled with plenty of inside jokes that only us good GCC students get.
And there is love here. People love God. They love frisbee and the campus. This is where I am going to be for the bulk of my next four years of life and I know that this is where I'll laugh, cry, and love. I know I will bring so many lessons with me, on how to interact with people and God. These years will help define me, and all I can do is go along for the ride.
"Where'd you go, I miss you so..."-Fort Minor
Every new beginning…
11 years ago
1 comment:
It's true, that bike is a pretty great guy. Doesn't talk much but when he speaks, you can tell the gears are turning in his head.
Post a Comment