So I’m at GCC now. A new chapter in life has begun. I’ve left behind youth group and high school and now I alone stand responsible for my decisions. No longer is anyone telling me where to go, when to go, and how I should go about doing these things. It’s a strange feeling to be sure. I am an adult in college, and from now on I must act as one. No more parents helping me, no more youth leaders telling me how to conduct myself, no one looking over my shoulder. That is, except for myself.
Yet in the midst of this God is still there and is the presence that gives me strength to move on and to embrace this new found freedom with the proper perspective. He is the One who now lays the rules for me to follow, and if I truly love Him enough His rules will not even seem like rules. One thing is for sure, His love is pure and is the type of love worth modeling one’s life after.
While I am here in Pennsylvania, free and in college, I still think about Massachusets a lot. I think about all my friends, one more so than the others, yet I think of everyone. The roommates are sweet, even if one is never in the room, and college looks to be full of plenty of new opportunities and new frontiers. It’s a time to embrace everything God has for me and to make a difference in this world. It’s a time to love bigger and dream higher, but to never forget my roots.
It’s time to be myself.
Every new beginning…
11 years ago
1 comment:
Hey man, Jim/smarterthan3 from eps here. Just wanted to drop by and let you know how well thought out this and your newest entry are, like most of what you write. I'll definitely be looking forward to checking in here on occassion and seeing your thoughts as I embark on a parallel journey through my first year of college. Maybe I'll start one of these myself. Anyway, the best of luck to you on your college experience.
Post a Comment