Wednesday, August 29, 2007

SEVEN GIRLS!!

Buenos tardes!

Yes, I am using my new found Spanish knowledge, which happens to be a very small amount. Well, for any one out there reading this other than Adam, who pretty much knows what's going on over here, things have been going really well. The first day of classes was overwhleming to say the least. Getting everything that needs to be done over the semester dumped on you in one class is pretty crazy. But now I've settled into the pattern a little better...basically once you get homework, do it right away, so you don't get behind and you can still have fun at night. At the moment I'm keeping up well, but this is only the first week.

Anyway, in more exciting news the freshman frisbee tournament is coming up. Now a slight problem arose when I found out we needed to have two girls on the field at all time while we were playing. Now if you know me, you know I don't like to sit out when I play games, so my first thought was to make two teams on our hall (1HPEW), which quickly collapsed when I found half the hall was going to be doing something. So we decided to have one team...but there was still one problem: we had no girls.

So last night several of us went on a girl searching mission. I, myself, facebooked a couple and had an acceptance which was quickly retracted when she realized she was going to the campus retreat at the same time. Brad and Henry spent their night at the bonfire walking up to random groups of girls and trying enlist them, which also met no success. Adam got a lead, but actually none of this matters because today I found out from Brad that John (our RA) got seven girls from our sister hall.

SEVEN GIRLS!!

We only have 7 guys on the team! I was hoping for 3 or 4 girls so we could easily sub them and keep the rest of everyone on the field a decent time. So I have no clue how this is going to work with seven girls, especially cause I have not met any of them, nor do I know if they are any good at frisbee. I wish Diana and Sarah (friends from MA, Diana is Andraya's sister) were down here...then our team would be killer. But alas, this is not meant to be, so we must make do with what we have.

Enter problem two: we have no name. Now our freshman IM team's name is "Ivory and the Hicks of Destruction", a perfectly fine name for a bunch of guys, but not exactly a feminine name. Do I want a girly name? Not really, but seeing as we are going to have seven girls on the team, blood, guts, and death are pretty much out in the naming process. So Brad said he would try to come up with one, but if you guys have any ideas that would be appreciated.

Despite all these issues I'm sure it will be a great time...and watch out for our unamed team. We're planning on winning...or at least I am. Now for some more Spanish!

Adios!

No comments: