Monday, February 9, 2009

6 Minutes

I have six minutes to write something here. 

I'm sitting in the Student Union, listening to Maná and drinking some peach iced tea. This is the present, full of the certainty of knowing that until my iced tea is gone I can drink more of it. Until I have class I can continue to listen to these classy Latin jams. 

Now there is four minutes remaining.

The future however is not so certain. What will happen in four minutes? Will I arrive to class and find it cancelled? Will I be able to speak Spanish confidently in class? Will I be alive at the end of this day? 

I know this is a common theme in my writing. I am uncertain often. And lately this uncertainity has been even more common than before. The only thing I am absolutely certain about is that there is God who loves me and is looking out for me. I take solace in that.

Two minutes. 

This moment doesn't seem like anything consequential. Maybe it isn't, or maybe this is something that will change my life forever. What if I lived my life like every moment counted that much? What if I lived sent by Jesus to impact as many people as possible? 

That would be something worth writing about.

Time's up. 

No comments: