Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Old Myspace Blog: Flawed

These are some of my old myspace blogs, I'll be sharing some of my favorites over the next couple months, they deserve to resurface, even if it is only Adam that reads my blog.


Flawed. That's what all of us are, flawed children of God because of our sin. Only Jesus can complete us, and not in this world, only in the next. We need to stop hiding our flaws from ourselves and God. Embrace them. God knows them, and He knows who you are and why you have these flaws. Remember God works all things together for good to those that love him...He even uses our flaws. Know your weaknesses, shore them up, don't be afraid to ask someone to help you. We have accepted Jesus, and he lives within us, so when we are walking in the Spirit we are following Jesus' steps. We are in essence showing Jesus to those who don't know Him. So who are we to say God made a mistake, and that these flaws we can't handle. We can't handle these things we can't gain victory of, through Jesus.

"The Gospel tells us two things: We are both flawed and perfect. We are full of pain and trouble, full of questions, yet we are the face of Jesus--blameless, righteous, and perfect."-Dan Haseltine, Relevant Magazine Jan/Feb 2006

I know one thing for sure, when I get to heaven, I am going to ask God why He gave me this mind that is often overthinking, doubtful, and searching. I know there is some reason, but there are times on Earth I feel like there is no reason for me to be thinking all of these idiotic thoughts. Yet, sometimes out of those thoughts come something worth keeping, something that makes an impact. I just wish it didn't take me so long to find that thought.

"It's not about what's underneath, Bruce, but what you do with it."-Batman Begins

God gave me my mind, but my sin corrupts it into the things He doesn't want me to go to. Could it be God does this so that we humans don't trust in our own power, but need someone else to run to? I am to blame for my flaws, but Jesus bought me with His blood, flaws and all. This must mean God will use our flaws in some way. 2 Corinthians 4:7 says, "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not us." God gives us our salvation in our corrupt bodies and minds, so that we can say its not because of me, but because of God. So realize when you think that you are an idiot or you mess up once more; that's where God wants you, realizing that only He can take the flaws and make something out of it. That's what its really all about, glorifying God, flaws and all.

1 comment:

AKBogert said...

I sure hope i'm not the only one reading this stuff.

For the record, when i find the right time and place to do it, i'm definitely quoting this one.