Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pledge, Pledge, Pledge Your Boat Gently Down The Stream...

Omicron Xi.

Yes indeed I have joined a fraternity. It was probably the last thing on my mind when I entered Grove City last September, yet over a period of time the idea began to grow on me and here I am pledging with the Okies.

I decided to attempt to join the Okies after hanging out with them for a while last semester and then at the beginning of this one. So early Saturday morning I was woken up by the entire fraternity in my room, basically saying they wanted me to join.

So I accepted the bid and here I am pledging. I can’t tell you much if anything about what is happening this week, but so far it’s been fun, a bit odd, and I’ve got to know the guys pledging much better in a few short days. I’m looking forward to the rest of pledging with excitement and a little nervousness. But God is at the center of this endeavor, and I’m going to have to rely on Him and my future brothers for the strength necessary.

This is not a lengthy blog, but it serves as an informative one. As for the name “Okies”, it is derived from the fraternity letters. Omicron=O and “kies” is the plural of Xi. So Draya that’s why it’s the Okies.

No comments: