Do you ever have that feeling that there is something inside of you waiting to burst out but you can't quite put your finger on it? That's what I feel like right now. School has started and already I've been handed my share of unexpected things. I've had to buy more books than anticipated, but that one is my own fault for assuming that I could get out this semester spending a small amount of money for books. My job got off to a bad start, with a weird situation involving the copier not working and me looking like some stupid idiot. My frisbee playing has been lackluster to say the least and I can already feel the desire to work out/eat well slipping away.
There is plenty of good too. I mean the Okie hall is sweet, and I love how me and Jordan's room turned out. Also, I've been able to get to bed earlier due to the one roommate and this makes me very happy. Despite my poor play, it's such a joy to get to play Ultimate and exercise alongside people that are of the caliber that we have at Grove City.
Then it switches back to bad. When your best friend and his girlfriend break up after going out for three years, instantly your day becomes worse, because you feel for him. I don't know what to say or do except be there for him.
Then back to good. Getting to hang out with the Okies is a pleasure and they are totally awesome and this year is going to be sweet. It's kinda weird not spending all the time with the guys on your freshman hall because you were so used to it, but it's a different, yet cool, dynamic.
Then back to bad. Andraya is far away and to make things slightly more difficult, she is an hour behind me at GCC. Which makes phone calls just a little more difficult trying to account for the time difference, especially because I've been trying to go to bed early due to my all 8 am classes this semester. And of course it's never easy being away from someone you love dearly.
Then back to good. At least she has a cellphone now and things are going well. At least she is at a great school where God wants her to be. And so am I. So if we can both place out trust in Him we are heading in a good direction.
I could go on like this forever, with things like how most of my professors seem to be great but some aren't, and how the food is just as crappy as it was last year, but I won't. Because this back and forth gains me nothing other than a simple understanding that life is never always all good or all bad. Sometimes it seems like one outweighs the other and of course we are normally trying to have the good outweigh the bad. But so often life is lived in such a way that the good is hard to see because we are so focused on the bad. And sometimes the good is very hard to find, but it is there.
So instead of complaining about how much it sucks, I'm going to try to find the best in life. It may be stressful and it may be difficult but life is still life and there is good to be found.
Every new beginning…
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment